I'm one years old tonight !!!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
catchatrain

I'm one years old tonight !!!

Post by catchatrain »

Hi all,
Well I made it this far.Tonight at 10:47 I believe will be oficalThanks to the help of you all and many others. Today's my one year anniversary. I have to say the pain hasn't started to ease off any yet , but that's o.k. It's true that as time passes you do get more use to it. I can't tell it know,but I'm sure I don't hurt near as bad as I did when I first got out of the hospital. Anyway thought I would share. (happy b-day to me) !! Hope eveybodies hangin in there.....Marshall
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Re: I'm one years old tonight !!!

Post by cbe411 »

Hey Marshall... YEAH!! If you did this, just think how many more you can do...

What doesnt kill ya only makes you stronger!

Soon, the day will fly by and you wont even think of it! Celebrate for the time being!!!

CONGRATS on being officially a year old!!

Courtney
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

way to go, marshall!

...and, what a great idea! we should all celebrate our "birthdays"!

i'll be 4 on november 26.

hugs,

jan
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

It's Nov 2 and today Dustin's is 1 year old. I look at all this and know how fortunate we are that he is where he is. Last year at this time we didn't know if he would live or be able to have a meaningful life. Today he is already back in college. He has learned so many things over again. His gait is still a little off, but he walks and drives and thinks. His left arm is still flail, but if that is all that is left of this traumatic accident he will learn to live his life as so many of you have inspired him. He was hospitalized from Nov 2 last year until Dec 23 when we brought him home, 2 weeks prior to when the Drs would have liked. When he came home he was like a 140 lb infant. The only thing he could do for himself was eat. Praise God for the wonderful healing that he has had. Thank you all for your support and blessings. Tonight we are going as a family to celebrate life.
Sue
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI Sue,

I know exactly how you feel, I will never forget the phone call that said, This is ????? hospital and your son has been in a motorcycle accident, please hold on. Here I am in Anchorage, AK and Ryan is in Virginia.

Hold on please? Ugh.

You are right we have so much to be thankful for.

Our best to you always,

Hugs, Karen
srhykerd

Post by srhykerd »

Boy, I really do know how you feel. It will be a year on Nov. 13th when Mel had her accident. The police came to our door and told us that she was in a very serious motorcycle accident. The driver died, she was air lifted to the hospital but they weren't sure if she was still living. I'll never forget that. I'm so thankful she's alive and doing well! Amen! Sue
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi everyone,
Thanks a bunch.The way I see it is just the same as most of you all.Since my accident I have completly changed the way I live my life. It has given me a total new outlook on life in general.Not just in a material way,but just knowing how close to death I,( and everybody else here,in one eway or another) came is extreamly humbling.When I wake in the morning I hurt so bad I just feel like I have realy put myself in a position I would not wish on my worst enemy,no matter what they have done to me....But at the same time I thank (god)in my own way for letting me be here. And that gets me going. I no longer am chained to liquor or drugs. I have nothing holding me back anymore to do what I want to do in my life.In a very odd way this just might be the best thing that has ever happened to me. I was pushing life so hard all the way across the board that something was bound to go wrong.And I have been that way all my life.It's what I grew up in.Anyway long story short,know it is a complete 180.I enjoy everything around me. I have no ill feelings towards people for triffle little things that would set me off years ago.I have noticed my senses have gotten keener since my accident.My balance is way off and I stumble alot,but oh well.My short term memory is shot,but oh well.I guess if I were to try and make any point out of this is that life does go on.Some of you probably had really nice lives with everything going status qoue in your life.Know it has been turned upside down.The perfect world has turned cold and very unforgiving.But thats o.k.Know matter what life ,just like death and taxes does go on.Celebrate what you have.Be thankful for love,life,family....Step back and tally up all the things you have always wanted to do.Try and acomplish them all,savor the moment and do more of things in life that really make you happy. If you are going to hurt like hell you might as well enjoy life as much as you can in the proccess.For me simple things like nice clothes,cologne, keeping myself straight.My family formost,even the ones who helped me get in the position I am in.It is just the way it has to be.What ever your capacity do what ever you can to make your life the way you really wanted it to be from the get go.If you had it all right off the bat,then just re route,re group and just keep going.Happy birthday to all.Late and early.!!!...Know you know what this accident has done to me in alot more detail,of course not everything...lol.But that's why I am happy.In some strange screwballed way,this has gotten me focused on what I need to do with my life.Maybe reading this little blah...blah...blah will help some of you in some way.Be happy and be thankful.Bitterness and sorow will not get you anywhere in our position.Good luck all and thanks for posting........=). Marshall
srhykerd

Post by srhykerd »

Marshall,
Tragedy definitely has a way of changing your perspective on life, that's for sure. An older gentlemen who had terminal cancer at the Mayo Clinic was talking to my daughter and compared life to a golf game. He said sometimes we make bad shots in life but we just have to play the ball where it lies and boy that is so true. We are dealt the cards and we just have to play what we got! Good luck to you and enjoy your new found life! Sue
shafali

Post by shafali »

Hi Marshall,
I am so glad to see u in such a high spirit.....even after such a BIG tragedy!...U go boy!
So what's going on...Hope u and ur family is doing good.
Take care,
Shafali.