Triangle Tilt children at or under 3

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
myhumanrevolution
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Son with ROBPI Global

Triangle Tilt children at or under 3

Post by myhumanrevolution »

I would very much like to talk with other parents of children who have gotten the Triangle tilt and are at or under 3 years old.

As we are getting closer to Douglas' surgery date I want to reach out for support. I have so many questions!

Jennie
Jennie-brad@hvc.rr.com
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Triangle Tilt children at or under 3

Post by Carolyn J »

Hello Moms,
FYI, there are several Threads on this Message Board for Triangle Tilt.... Type Triangle Tilt in the "Search Forum" link/button at the top of this page.

Welcome and come often.
HUGS,
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI (age 68 & proud of it!)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi my son just turned 3 and had TT surgery on 9-28-06. Thursday will be 2 weeks in the splint and he is doing great! I was nervous about being discharged from the hospital soo soon but the minute we got Anthony up he was on the move. I think it would of been worse laying around in that bed another day. He is doing everything he would normally do and does not seem bothered. Although potty training has been put on hold for now. PLease feel free to e-mail with any questions. When is your surgery scheduled?
MegBalcom

Post by MegBalcom »

My son had the TT surgery in February right after he turned 2, he has been out of the hard splint since July and has been in Theratogs at night since then and doing great. Gained a lot from the TT surgery and we are very happy with the results this far. Feel free to e-mail me and I can tell you more. Good Luck.