Has anyone seen this therapist? Paula Galaviz MS, OTR, CHT

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
ptrefam

Has anyone seen this therapist? Paula Galaviz MS, OTR, CHT

Post by ptrefam »

Paula Galaviz MS, OTR, CHT ...She is listed in our Resources. She seems to work with adult BPI. Wondering if anyone has any experience with her. We see an OT but ours is the first BPI she has seen. I am thinking that Paula may be able to give our OT different ideas. Like maybe we could see Paula once a month and follow through with our therapist or something. Just a thought going through my head.........
Sue
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: Has anyone seen this therapist? Paula Galaviz MS, OTR, CHT

Post by Kath »

Paula attended Camp three year ago in NY.
She is well informed about bpi and has had experience.

I found her to be very personable.
I enjoyed her company.

Kath (adult/obpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Hey Sue... I would say t try and get in touch with her! I live in MI and started water therapy a while back. I was my therapists first bpi and Paula gave her TONS of ideas! She was GREAT! Let us know how you get on!

Courtney (TBPI)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We have seen her and she is nice.She seems to know her stuff.She treats kids and adults.I know she visits ubpn and reads the posts so ask her a question if you want.
LoriV

Post by LoriV »

We have seen her in the past and are currently seeing her for serial casting. She works with both kids and adults, but I think her focus is adults. She is quite knowledgeable and easy to work with.
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Sue, I have not seen this therapist but I know that my therapist is a OTR/CHT and she is awesome. If Dustin needs help with hand stuff the CHT's are amazing! I have gotten so much use of my hand in the last two years its great! It cant hurt to try her.
Good Luck!
Amy 19 ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Nettie

Post by Nettie »

Paula lives in my community and I knew who she was when she attended our church...When we were taking my son to Froedert in Milwaukee as a baby I frequently saw her there...I do not know her on a real personal level but what I know of her is that she is absolutely a wonderful and very knowledgeable individual...I have had occasion to greet her and she has always been friendly and cordial...I would highly recommend her...Good Luck
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My family and I know her well. My daughter has been a patient of hers, since she was 6 months. She is now 5 years old. She is ROBPI. We adore Paula, without her support (she introduce me and my family to UBPN), and knowledge this would have been more diffucult to cope. My daughter calls her Dr. Paula, which fits.

Val,
pgalaviz

Post by pgalaviz »

Well, here I am - Paula Galaviz. I work at Froedtert Hand Center in Milwaukee, WI. I've been here for 15 years, and I've been a therapist for much longer. I work with Hani Matloub, MD in our Brachial Plexus Clinic. You can reach me at work, M-TH 7:00-5:30 (CST) at (414) 805-5865. My email address is pgalaviz@fmlh.edu. I'd be happy to offer therapy advice or guidance at any time.
Paula Galaviz
CyndiAnn

Post by CyndiAnn »

Paula is wonderful! I have seen both her and Dr. Matloub several times. As a matter of fact, I will be seeing them tomorrow. Paula has always answered my E-mails when I've had a question. She is very helpful and knowledgeable. A very caring and compassionate person. I'd recommend her in a heart-beat!
Cyndi