c-5 c-6 avulsion therapy

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

c-5 c-6 avulsion therapy

Post by admin »

i had nerve transfer surgery for c-5 c-6 avulsion, it's been 8 weeks since surgery. can anyone share their types of therapy with me so i can compair them to mine. thanks everyone this sight has been great for finding answers to questions, my first post though.
Jason

Re: c-5 c-6 avulsion therapy

Post by Jason »

well fred i have been doing range of motion, to keep the joint loose and i use a MED LABS EMS-1 Galvanic only, 0-15 milliamps D.C. 3 times a day 10 times each muscle. i often wonder if i'm doing enough but my doctor say that's all i need to do. i have read about over night stimulation being known in rat's to speed up nerve growth and grow thicker nerves, i have been looking into this. i have seen a lot of questions like your's on here and not get even one answer so don't expect much here.

Mar 27, 06 was 5 months since my nerve transfer surgery no change yet. just thought i would add that.

jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

Post by jennyb »

Hi Fred
You need to check with whoever did the surgery what therapy/exercise you need to do. Getting back into vigourous exercise is sometimes not advised. Maybe ask the doctor for a written sheet on what you should be doing, no two of these injuries are alike so anything anyone here is doing may not be right for you and your injury.
Let us know how your recovery goes :0)
Jen NZ
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

i just wanted to see what others were doing so i could ask my doctor about them thanks jenny and jason