things to do in Houston

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Andrea

things to do in Houston

Post by Andrea »

My daughter is having the triangle tilt surgery on April 12th. I'm trying to find some fun things to do with her before the surgery since we are arriving on April 9th. I will probably take her to the zoo, galleria and if time maybe the katy mall..But, I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. Also, is there any construction that I need to know about? I was reading on another post about the aquariam where is that? Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Re: things to do in Houston

Post by admin »

Dr. Nath has a list of things to do on his site. In the surgery section it's called "Planning For Surgery".
http://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com.
Good luck with the surgery.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Check out the Children's Museum near the Houston Zoo. Go to website cmhouston.org for details. Have a great time!
kamren

Post by kamren »

The Aquarium is a restraunt in downtown. The Butterfly museum and the childrens museum are great though! If you have a rental car you could also head down to Galveston. Walk in the sand a bit!!! It isn't very far and it is easy to get to from Houston.

Right now we are having highs in the mid 80's, hopefully that will continue and you will have beautiful weather for your trip.
kamren

Post by kamren »

I just remembered...there is an aquarium on Galveston island...It is called Moody Gardens. It is just off the highway and easy to find. My kids loved it...it had just been so long since we went...I am thinking before we move I need to take them back out there!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Where do you live in Houston?
mlynn

Post by mlynn »

we ate at the restrurant and it is really cool you can see the tank from every seat. my only thing was my kids were being loud & the food was pricey. the atmosphere is very upscale/ we were dressed in really causal clothes / i felt a tad bit out of place and the kids made sure that they were loud. plus they wanted to run up to tank while servers are carrying huge trays of fancy food. other than that i say it was great.
Mandie

Post by Mandie »

lol that will be my kids, loud and yelling at the fish! They can't have a place like that and not expect kids to be excited!
blakesmom

Post by blakesmom »

how far is the space center from TCH? We will be going there in 10 days and I think Blake would enjoy it he is 8years old. Anyone taken a taxi there? also, how much is the taxi fare from Hobby to TCH? We always fly into Bush airport, but this time we are flying into Hobby.
Crystal