Dana Reeve Has Died

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Dana Reeve Has Died

Post by admin »

Allison

Re: Dana Reeve Has Died

Post by Allison »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I know Christopher Reeve and his wife Dana personally as I worked with Christopher through the Williamstown Theatre Festival in Williamstown, Massachusetts. Dana NEVER SMOKED....

BPI Mom
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

And I will also add that I have terrible lung problems due to the fact that I was raised in the 1960s as a small child in an old house where we used to poke holes in the white plumbing wrappings for fun. Those wrappings were asbestos... And as kids we saw this white plumbing material in our schools and in other public areas, and we all did the same to break that white stuff to see it flow like snowflakes into our faces, and unknownst our lungs.
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

The Reeve Foundation has set up a weblink where you can send condolences. It is at:

http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c. ... 3/Home.htm

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

my mother is one of the longest survivors of mesothelioma, otherwise known as abestos lung cancer. they gave her 6 months and its been almost 7 years. she got written up at the mayo clinic for it. lung cancer is a terrible thing! my mom survived breast cancer 22 years ago and its not fair. i am 32 and i have young kids. i have so many questions yet to ask her about this and that. i am glad she got to see my little zachary grow to be a healthy 3 year old. ann
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ann,

We have alot in common. My mom had breast cancer undiagnosed for 24 months with an eventual prognosis of 6 months, but lived for another 13 years. I took care of my mother during those years and my friends that were dying from AIDS. It wasn't until I was in my late thirties, and years into my mother's death that I could even think of having children. I had one, in my early forties; a BPI kid.....

I miss my mother terribly, she would have wanted to be such a great and helpful part of my life and my child's.

ErikOlson
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Left arm injured at birth.
Partial use.
One surgery at age 9, tendon transfer.

Post by ErikOlson »

I heard of the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation when they recognized Dr. Geoff Raisman recently for his work so far on reconnecting nerves using nose cells.

So I was sad to hear of the passing of Dana Reeve; she was on our side.

A very colorful tribute was posted in another forum I read:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=3274

Check it out; you'll smile too.

-Erik
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Thanks Eric,

This is really sweet. Love the way it was done.

Dana will be missed, she gave so much to a great cause. I know the foundation is still in good hands and will continue to find answers.

Hugs, Karen