Mayo six month check up

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Brian

Mayo six month check up

Post by Brian »

Well its my first visit back to the mayo clinic since I had my fourteen hour surgery. I hope its a good one, my theropist and doctors have all said that Iam way ahead of schedule in my recovery. It does not feel like it. One great thing though is the pain is no were as bad as it was prior to the surgery and thats great by its self. I will let you all know how it turned out next monday when I get back. Thanks again fo everyones help and support. A special thanks to Ellen B from Atlanta for answering all my phone calls and probably answering the same question ten times. [THANKS ELLEN]
peter

Re: Mayo six month check up

Post by peter »

Good luck Brian
EllenB

Post by EllenB »

Brian, you know we're all glad to help! Trust me, when we were where you are, we leaned HARD on others via the boards. There are so many questions and a lot to learn in a very short period of time.

Keep us posted on how your checkup goes at Mayo, & tell the team hi from us!

Take care,

Ellen
peter

Post by peter »

when i met with the 3, I mentioned this board, they looked at me like I had 3 heads.
Chris' Mom

Post by Chris' Mom »

Great Brian. It sounds like you've been really taking care and done everything you are supposed to do. Chris has been home since Monday and I think he is going to do quite well also because he has an attitude of steel. He has even looked doctors straight in the eye and told them that he doesn't care what they say...he believes he is going to do even better than expected. Keep up the good work and good luck!

Angie
Brian

Post by Brian »

Well Iam back from the Mayo Clinic and as It turns out Iam a little ahead of schedule an doing great. I was worried/nervous going out because of my expectations being so high for myself. Doctors Shin and Bishop whom I met with this time are truly amazing and brilliant.Whats most amazing of all is the fact that these guys have the human factor as well.They did great by me and many others as well, and now its more and more therapy and hopefully when I go back in six months{HOPEFULLY}- I will be raising my arm as if to shake someones hand. Then I will need some fine tuning for my hand. My results have been great so far and I will be pushing my self even more now. Thanks again for everyones help and support.