Winging scapular

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Winging scapular

Post by admin »

ok i know what a winging scapular is,but what is it affecting,and what as he gets older will it hurt?weve been to Drs in Boston and we were told to just keep ot/pt going,but what about the severe scapular winging,you see hardly any muscle working in that area when arm is being moved around,should i worry about this as he gets older? i mean we did see professional but ive been reading about winging scapulars and problems,thanks,hes 10 robpi
Heather Frey

Re: Winging scapular

Post by Heather Frey »

Hi,

I'm Heather and I'm 17 years old. I had 4 1/2 years of chronic pain with off and on Scapular Winging. My pain had gotten so bad that it was hard for me to even get out of bed. It was so, so bad. I was told by different doctors that I needed awful surgeries.

My mom took me to Paul St. John in St. Petersburg, Florida. She found him on the internet through research and also a friend of hers who is an Emergency Room Surgeon knew of Paul and told her to take me to see Paul. He's a Neuromuscular Therapist and he cured my pain and Scapular Winging in just 10 treatments and without surgery. His phone number is 727 347-4325 and his website address www.stjohn-clarkptc.com. He has St. John-trained therapists all over the country who he could refer you to, but you should see Paul first for an evaluation and then he can find you the best person in your area. HE IS THE BEST! HE GAVE ME MY LIFE BACK AGAIN!

If you want to e-mail or talk to my mom, her name is Susan and her e-mail is soyasolutions@yahoo.com and her phone number is 239 898-8505. She will be glad to talk to you because we don't want anybody to have to go through unnecessary surgeries that only help temporarily or don't help at all.

Good luck,
Heather
Heather Frey

Post by Heather Frey »

P.S. I forgot to say that Physical Therapy didn't help me. It only made the winging worse.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

thanks for the reply,hes never complained about pain or bad feelings concerning the scapular,will see drs soon andv talk more about it again thanks for reply