alternatives to triangle tilt

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

alternatives to triangle tilt

Post by admin »

Did anyone not get the triangle tilt for their winging and internal rotation. If so what did you do and did it work
admin
Site Admin

Re: alternatives to triangle tilt

Post by admin »

i think a humeral osteotomy may be a replacement, not sure if it addresses winging
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Has anyone's child had a surgery that almost completely corrected the winging scapula, and if so what surgery was it. Also, we had mod quad, can reach
and somewhat touch the back of the head, but the elbow is still bent when reaching up. In your experience or opinion what is causing this? As always, thanks for sharing!
Heather Frey

Post by Heather Frey »

Hi,

My name is Heather and I'm 17 years old and I have severe pain from my neck down to my leg and down my arm along with Scapular Winging for over 4 years.

I was told by different doctors that I needed a Scapular Fusion or a Muscle Transfer surgery.

My mom found a Neuromuscular Therapist named Paul St. John in St. Petersburg, Florida. His number is 727 347-4325 and his website is www.stjohn-clarkptc.com. We went to see Paul on October 3rd and I went for treatments once a week for 10 weeks and was pain free by Christmas. Before I saw Paul I couldn't put my arm out in front of me or over my head.

I did a post on January 30th on the TBPI Board under the BPI/Winged Scapula thread if you would like to read it. Paul has changed my life and I feel so good now. I forgot what it was like to not be in pain.

If you have any questions you can e-mail my mom at susanfrey@swfla.rr.com or soyasolutions@yahoo.com or you can call her at 239 898-8505. Her name is Susan. Paul s. John said that if anyone has any questions that they should call his receptionist Marybeth and ask her to have him call you back.

If you have any questions for me you can e-mail me at swimmingcutie04@yahoo.com. I hope that your child feels better.

Heather

Heather Frey

Post by Heather Frey »

P.S. I forgot to say that my scapula doesn't wing at all anymore.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

bump