Nancy Surgery Update

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Nancy Surgery Update

Post by Kath »

I just spoke to Tim and he said Nancy is out of surgery.
The doctor said it went well.
She is in recovery please keep her in your prayers for a speedy and easy recovery.

Kath ( adult/robpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
admin
Site Admin

Re: Nancy Surgery Update

Post by admin »

Glad to hear her surgery went well. I hope she has a fast recovery and an easy one.
Nancy, you will remain in our thoughts and prayers.
~Krista~
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

HI all,

Just talked to Tim and Nancy was sitting up today. She is doing better.

He said they are going to try and get her walking some tomorrow.

Have a great Fri all.

Karen

brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Great news....lets just hope and pray that she keeps progressing so well.
Gayle
Tim Birk

Post by Tim Birk »

Hi. Just a quick update on Nancy's progress. This morning she had her catheter removed and she is already getting up to walk. She's still only being fed through the IV. Maybe later today she can begin a liquid diet.
I think she's going through withdrawal not having a computer in front of her! She did ask if the hospital had internet access (only in the lobby for exhorbitant fees). Anyway, I'm printing off your messages and giving them to her. She really appreciates your thoughts and prayers.
Tim
Mandie

Post by Mandie »

Get better quick nancy and don't bring home a baby!! ;)
Relax relax relax lady!!

~Mandie
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

LOL... I bet she is going through computer withdrawal! I can sympathise though, spent 10 weeks in hospital with no computer.. almost went nuts once I felt well enough to want the thing!
Get better quick Nancy! Take it easy and let others do things for you!
Marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
BIGJAVSMA

Post by BIGJAVSMA »

Nancy- We hope you get better quick and are back up and ready to post soon.

Sincerely, MArlyn and Jody
momofnickelman

Post by momofnickelman »

Nancy...best wishes to you for a speedy and easy recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Make sure you don't over do it by doing too much too fast!
Lenni

Post by Lenni »

Best Wishes Nancy, you sound very determined like a daughter I have, lol. Glad to hear your progressing well and I am praying for a continued speedy recovery!

Lenni