penpal request

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Tami

penpal request

Post by Tami »

Hi everyone...I am doing the pen pal project and would like your assistance...I have two requests that I have not been able to match up..so if you are interested, please email me and I can get you connected.

The first one is a 64 year old woman with a trauma bpi 5 years ago (I posted this one on the trauma board also)

The second one is a mother of a 7 year old son (the boy has an obpi) and she is looking for a penpal to talk to and to offer each other support.

If you are interested, please email me at mommie2girls@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Tami Schenck
marymom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Teen aged home birthed son with OBPI

Re: penpal request

Post by marymom »

please post again if you didnt find matches:)
momcares

Post by momcares »

There is a gentleman here at my job who has tbpi and I asked him last week if he had heard of this site. I have his email address and he would probably love the idea of mentoring youth. (he is an archaeologist) I will let him know about this post and hopefully he'll sign on soon!!!]
\

Crystal G.

Missy

Post by Missy »

Tami,

I emailed you.

archaeo

Post by archaeo »

Hi Everybody! I'm a newcomer to the list and am the guy momcares mentioned. Didn't even know my "condition" had a name until last week. My injury occurred at age 6 and effected my left arm, hand and leg. Two years later, I rammed my left elbow against a rock and totally shattered it. It is essentially immobile. I haven't let little things like that slow me down too much. Was one of the first handicapped Eagle Scouts in the country, taught school, worked as a draftsman/technical illustrator (long before computers) and now am a practicing field archaeologist. Would be happy to pass on 45 years of learning and experiences to anyone. My biggest interest right now is trying to find a way to calm the spasms in my arm. Momcares -- Thanks again!!!
marie

Post by marie »

I have a daughter that will be seven April 6. I too am in need of a pen pal, it would be wonderful to find someone with a child my daughters age. Please give the mother of the seven year old son mine. Thank You!

Anisa