new baby cousin

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Ginne

new baby cousin

Post by Ginne »

One of my pregnant cousins (I have three that were - one down and two to go in the spring) just had her baby boy on Saturday morning. She had some medical complications early on in her pregnancy and they thought that she may not make it to term.

To make a long story short, the baby was given in-vitro steroids to speed up lung development in case she delivered early. I had been harping on her (and her sister and their mother!!)about not delivering on her back, and all the other wonderful things that I learned thanks to the great poeple on this site!!

Ok back to the story,

It seems that the baby's shoulders were "a little too big" for the birth canal. The Dr's (more than one 'cause she was still considered high-risk)wanted to try forceps and vaccuum...my little coz told them all "NO WAY" give me a c-section. So they did and they have a perfectly healthy 8 lb 15 oz baby boy.....Yeah for sticking up for yourself!!!

Thanks to all.....hugs and kisses!!!

Ginne
tcon

Re: new baby cousin

Post by tcon »

Yes....Awareness. One baby saved! You must feel great. Congrats on your new cousin.
Terri
momofnickelman

Post by momofnickelman »

Yeah! I love to hear happy endings!
J'S MOM

Post by J'S MOM »

I ASKED FOR A C & WAS TOLD TO WAIT BOY WISH I WENT WWITH MY GUT & DEMANDED ONE.