jutted scapula

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

jutted scapula

Post by admin »

hello. i just recently noticed that my right scapula was in other words sticking out of my back. since i never really noticed until my mother saw it. i also noticed that this problem is affecting my rib cage as well, so my right rib is not lined straight. well this all started because i wore my school bookbag on my right shoulder all the time, and that affected my scapula. im only 17, and if anyone can tell me if i can get a certain type of surgery to fix it, it'll be great.
PeggyF

Re: jutted scapula

Post by PeggyF »

there are some taping protocols for "winging scapulas". I'm not sure if a surgery can "fix" it, but definitely talk to a PT/OT who is learned in BPIs to find out what you might be able to do to help allieviate this.

Hope you get more responses than just mine, too! It's been a while since I've been the surgery route, so I'm sure there is new and better info than I can give.

Peggy
(mother to Emma, ROPI~9 years old)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

thanks for the response. i really appreciate it. i have an appointment on Dec. 6. hopefully i can resolve this problem that is making me feel worried.
lucm

Post by lucm »

Annais
I would type in Erb's Palsy in a search engine will find a link to Dr.Naths site. It seems like he is the best at any kind of Winged scapula treatment; It is very informative.
I am contemplating the surgery route. I have a protruding scapula. Though it is ugly and limits
normal function I am more worried about the brain and nerve damage of my BPI. Anyways keep us updated on your progress
Good Luck
Luke 23 LOBPI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

to get to Dr.Naths site you just type
drnathbrachialplexus.com
it will pull up the home page.