New

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
DAISHA56

New

Post by DAISHA56 »

Hi I'm new to the site. My daughter is 6 yrs old with Right Erb's Palsy. She goes to Shriner's for treatment. She will be having her surgery soon. I would like to talk to someone who has gone through the experience. What was it like afterwards?
kd's daddy

Re: New

Post by kd's daddy »

Welcome Just a few questions for ya.

Which Shriners?
What surgery ?
Who is your Doc?

Ok enough ?? for you .
The questions will help the other posters help you better. I wish you alot of luck and there are alot of great people here that can help you.

Talk to ya later
KD's Daddy
Missouri KD 4 Lobpi
DAISHA56

Post by DAISHA56 »

Shriner's in PA. Her doctors name is Dr Kozin. We went yesterday for another MRI to determine which surgery would be best for her. #1 Was to break her bone and reposition it and #2 To remove nerves from under her arm and attached them to her shoulder. He decided that we are going to do #2. She will have surgery in the summer so that she want miss alot of school.
katep

Post by katep »

Daisha,

Are you sure #2 isn't a tendon transfer? Latissimus and teres major moved from the arm to the shoulder? If that is the case, I know a lot of folks here have experience with that procedure and should be able to comment. Our son had a different surgery with Dr. Kozin and we've been really excited with him as a doctor and the results we've seen from the surgery.

Kate
DAISHA56

Post by DAISHA56 »

I stand corrected, it is the tendons.
katep

Post by katep »

You might try creating a new post asking for experiences with tendon transfers. Many kids here have had that exact (or very similar) operation. Our son had a different procedure, but we do see Dr. Kozin and are very happy with him and the whole team at PA Shriners. You are in good hands.

Kate