Totally Pumped

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Brandon_3

Totally Pumped

Post by Brandon_3 »

Hey everyone
I just got back from my appointment with Dr. Kliot at the University of washington. I had a ct mylogram on Thursday and an Mrn today. So when I went in to see the Dr. he said that I had damaged the roots of C 6,7,8 he said he felt like he could repair them and sceduled surgery for Nov. 14th which thwo weeks from monday and exactly 6 months from my accident so that made me a little excited. Now I just wait and Hope and pray
TTFN
BRabbitt
PeggyF

Re: Totally Pumped

Post by PeggyF »

We're right there with you, brother!

Hey, could you exlpain the MRN for the community because I had thought you just mispelled MRI until I spoke with you today. I think it's great they can do this and I'm very excited!

It goes without saying...I am excited for your surgery and wishing you all the best! I'll be in Seattle on the 14th (not at 6:00am, but as soon as I can!)

Peggy
Brandon_3

Post by Brandon_3 »

Yes peeps there is s difference between an mri and mrn an mrn looks at only nerves ass apposed to seen bone and cartlidge and muscle as well, I haven't looked for any websites that explain better than that but perhaps I will.
Lster Peeps
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

Brandon, I am excited for you! Peggy did call me last night but I was on the phone with a BPI dad! SORRY PEGGY! I Am glad that you are going through with all of this! It is exciting to see what can be done! You are still early too! I will try and get ahold of you later on in the week, maybe Sunday we shall see.... lol! Keep your spirits up!!

COurt :)
Jordansmom

Post by Jordansmom »

That is wonderful news!!!! It brings hope for others also! Its amazing tht they can just look at the nerves now also-
AWESOME!
Donna
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Brandon,

That is great news!
And thanks for sharing with us about the MRN.

Nancy
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Brandon- I am so glad to hear that you got some GREAT news!!!

I wish yu the best recovery and will continue to pray for yours and everyone elses return of function.

Marlyn
mom to Manny 5 and JAvier 1 ROBPI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations on wonderful and exciting news!
I never knew of MRNs so I am glad you brought this up. Keep us updated on yourself!

~Krista~
FullofFaith

Post by FullofFaith »

Brandon,
That is wonderful. I will be hoping and praying with you. Let us know how everything went!!!
Tracy
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Brandon
I am glad to hear you had a good visit and also met up with Peggy.

I am glad to hear you are feeling pumped.

Kath ( adult/obpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi