Was your baby cranky?

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Was your baby cranky?

Post by admin »

My injured son was very cranky for the first few months of life, and none of his siblings acted like that. My husband was convinced he hated him because he'd cry and scream all the time and mostly when my husband came home from work. But I truthfully think it was colic. He turned happy at about 4 mos.
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

No one ever told me that I was cranky as a baby. In fact, my mother once said that I could play by myself in the playpen for hours. What a relief this must have been for my mother. I was the third and last child. My mother said that my sister cried whenever she was out of sight, and my brother only stopped crying to "recharge his batteries." This was a quote from the pediatrician, who could find no physical reason for my brother's crying. Until I hit menopause, I was always a sound sleeper.

Joanie, LOBPI, 56 years
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

Jamie is always cranky and even moreso after her therapy session.
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Oh ... don't even get me stated on how Javier acts after therapy.

Every Tuesday I change his name to Lucipher, lol

Marlyn
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Marlyn,
My son too was too cranky after Therapy. I started giving him Tylenol or Motrin one hour before therapy...it worked....not only that the therapist admitted that he was more cooperative......she started to suggest it to other moms
Gayle mom of Brandon ROPBI 7 years old
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

Gayle- thank you thank you thank you. I would have never thought of that. not much common sense these days. lol

MArlyn
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

gayle,
OMG i'm going to have to try that on monday.
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Okay now that is what happens after four kids...you learn all the tricks.....do you guys give your children tylenol before you leave for immunizations? This helps too.....I am so glad that I could help you guys.
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

i don't do the tylenol before shots. neither of my kids are bothered by them ... weird huh???
i don't know why- no reactions so far. lucky boys, i guess. I take tylenol before paps and breast exams. I have PCOS, which can cause a tender abdomen.

Let's hear it for tylenol!!! lol

MArlyn
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We all thought my daughter had colic. I changed my diet, tried all the tricks - but she was constantly fussy. It wasn't until she was over 1yr that the neurologist told us that sometimes when nerves regenerate/grow it feels a little tingely. Hind-site is 20/20 - I think my daughter was in pain; although it can never be verified. No more pain now...thank God.