well the news is not good (non BPI)

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
bugsntazz

Re: well the news is not good (non BPI)

Post by bugsntazz »

Hello,
I am sorry to hear this, was hoping for the best. Hang in there though. I responded the other night and told you about a friend of mine. She too was diagnosed with the agressive type. She is about 4 months post op from the Mastocomy and 4 weeks chemo. She has her up days and down days. It is quite overwhelming, but always take someone with you to the Dr. never go alone. I do not know where you live, but we take our kids to Houston for them, there is a very very excellent cancer hospital, Morten D Anderson right next to TCH. My friend called there, and they were going to take her as a patient. Now she did not go there because of other reasons. But they are one of the best in this field. Make sure you do have the best doctors. Please be strong, I know what you are feeling as I see my close friend going through this too. Please keep us updated, and I will still keep you in my prayers. One day at a time. :) Sending Hugs :):):) :)
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Jennifer
I am so sorry that the news was not good.
I pray that you can keep positive and strong and that you will come through this protected by all our prayers.
Kath (adult/obpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Jennifer,

I'm sure this is a complete blow to you; I know you probably want to fall apart (I would!)
I pray for your full and complete recovery and I also pray for your spirit to hold on to everything good and positive in your life.
I appreciate you taking the time to tell us the news (even if you probably didn't really feel like sharing it). I know that many of us will want to keep you close to our thoughts and in our daily prayers.
I know we've never met in person, but that doesn't stop me from caring about you or knowing something about you and your family.
Take whatever help you can get to get through this; look for anything positive for each day and struggle and keep focused on beating the cancer and living out a full and happy and normal life!
If you can muster it, find humor to laugh at things (it's a proven fact that laughter helps you heal faster...both psychologically and physically).

All the best to you and your family! YOU are in my prayers.
And you've done a great service to the women readying this message board who blow off getting their annual exams. I'm due for my first next year and I rarely do the home exams, but I will begin a regular regime now.
Stay strong!
Love,
Peggy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am not a lawyer, a doctor or an indian chief, but you are 33 years old and you have discovered that you have aggressive breast cancer. I am very saddened to learn that you have cancer, but I am also worried about what in your environment may have contributed to such an early onset of cancer. I worry for you and your family.

This is complete truth. My oldest sister was diagnosed with ovarian cancer when she was about 37 years old, and carrying her third child. Fortunately her cancer was treated, but in the meantime they looked very closely into the environment surounding their home. They discovered that they were living on an old uranium dump site. That afternoon she and her family moved from the area.

I pray that you will recover from your cancer, yet at 33 you are just too young, and I think that someone should look into environment factors that may have contributed to that cancer: your water, your basement, vapors or waters that could be flowing into your house, your milk supply, chemical contaminants that you or some other in your household may be unwittingly bringing into your house. Do you smoke? If so, what brand? Have you been taking any drug new to the market over the last few years? Has your diet changed alot over the last few years with prehaps canned or packaged food substitutes. Do you consume alot of artificial sweeteners? I have read studies that they are actually more carcinogenic than tobacco...

I recognize your name on this site. You are an very sweet and caring person. I know that you will get better.
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Jennifer,

I am so sorry to hear your news, I will be keeping you in my prayers. Try to stay strong and be positive. I know at times it may seem almost impossible to stay positive, but for your own physical and spiritual health, please try. Keep your family close. I wish you the best and wish you well during your fight. stay strong!
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Jennifer,

It is shocking news and I am so sorry. You know we are all here for you and any support you need, you need only ask.

It is so hard to know what to say to give you comfort and strength, I know we all want to reach out to you and place our arms around you and give you our love.

Nancy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You and your family are in my prayers. I pray that you find strength and that all of the positive thoughts and prayers will surround you to help you get through this very trying time in your life. Remember that Angels are always around you....look for them and grasp them. Blessings..Donna
Joanie

Post by Joanie »

Jennifer,

I cannot say that I know how you feel. I echo what Kath, Nancy and others have written.

Stay as strong as you can. Lean on us anytime. Cry when you absolutely have to. Use humor and laughter as well as all our prayers.

May G-d hold you in the palm of His hand.

Joanie
Allison

Post by Allison »

Jennifer, you are in our prayers. I'm so sorry to hear this news. May you find the strength to stay positive and know that you will get through this. We are surrounding you with love and support through this difficult time.