Response to Relationship Stress

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
AshleysMom

Response to Relationship Stress

Post by AshleysMom »

I was really pleased to see that we weren't the only couple with a bpi child to have increased marital stress!! Between the surgeries & being used to two incomes then to lose one income to be home to take care of your child post surgery...the financial problems begin to escalate. You have a cranky, uncomfortable baby (naturally, poor things) & we feel so helpless ourselves becoming snappy with each other. I tell my family all the time My husband & I have been through enough hard times in the past 6 years than most people go through their entire marriage. So I have to give the props to all that have struggled & come out to have stronger relationships!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Response to Relationship Stress

Post by admin »

WE HAVE BEEN IN THIS PROCESS ONLY ABOUT TWO YEARS. THERE ARE SO MANY DECISIONS TO MAKE FOR OUR SON. WE TRY OUR BEST BUT, IT IS REALLY HARD ON US WITH MONEY, INSURANCE POSSIBLY BEING CANCLED, SURGERY , WE ARE AT OUR ENDS WE FEEL LIKE THE STRESS IS OUT OF CONTROL BECAUSE WE LOVE OUR SON & DO NOT WANT ANY REGRETS
momofnickelman

Re: Response to Relationship Stress

Post by momofnickelman »

We have all been through up and downs related to bpi. Just when you think things are under control something else hits you like a ton a bricks. It is sometimes hard to be on the same page at the same time. You eventually get to the same page, it just takes time. You both want what is best for your child. You have to realize that it is okay to have a difference of opinion sometimes. It gives things two different outlooks. One day the glass is half full, the next the glass is half empty. This does get better as your child gets older and has more function. Hang in there Michelle!