Hey all and an update

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
annedefiance

Hey all and an update

Post by annedefiance »

Howdy howdy! I know I haven't been here in forever it seems, lol. Sorry, but so much of my time is eaten up with school and life, I just don't have the energy. Ben is doing great,he's 5 now and he had caps done (anterior if I remember correctly and you can't count on my memory any longer, lol) in February and has had great results in opening up his movement on that side. He's still a little booger, getting in to everything. He's doing another year of preschool because he wasn't ready for kindergarten and it's been great so far, he's just matured so much! I'm glad we waited. He still doing PT and OT once a week, he no longer qualifies for PT at school, but that's ok, we've got a great PT that he just loves. We're still going to Cincinnati Children's, I just love them there! I think they were definitely the right move for us *smiles* I'm a sort of parent liason there now, when families need someone who's "been there" to talk to, they give them my number and I've talked to some wonderful people, I know the docs give them the big talk, I tell them everything else that we experienced. We did get good news when we went back in June, Ben doesn't have to go back until next year! It thru me for a loop, lol, I got so used to planning everything around when his next visit would be (we made a LOT of trips down there) that when I no longer had to do that, I was at a loss. I'm used to it now tho, lol.
I thank goodness Ben's doing good, hubby's the one that's giving me the medical hassles now, lol. It's been a couple of years with him. We'll get it all figured out tho. Anyhow, I just wanted to stop in and say hi. If anyone wants to get ahold of me, please feel free to drop me a line at jadegentle@yahoo.com I check that email regularly :)

Anne
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Re: Hey all and an update

Post by Kath »

Hi Anne
I am glad to hear that Ben is doing so well.
It is so nice to hear from families who have past the really rough stages in the beginning and are moving on with life. It is an inspiration

Kath (adult/robpi)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi